WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files used to compile statistics concerning the use of the Site, to understand navigation experiences and the visitors’ possible requirements. Data collected through cookies are used to improve the navigation experience and the Site performance in the future.
Cookies can be divided into two categories:
- “first party cookies”, set directly by the domain and/or editor of the website visited by the user; and/or
- “third party cookies”, set by a domain other than the one of the website being visited by the user.
Cookies may be further divided based on the purposes for which they are used: some of them offer an improved navigation experience, remembering visitors’ choices regarding specific settings (the so-called “technical cookies”) and hence ensure enhanced functionalities, while others allow to monitor the user’s navigation also in order to send advertisements and/or offer services in line with the user’s preferences (“profiling cookies”).
FIRST PARTY COOKIES
This Site uses technical cookies, and in particular:
- navigation or session cookies: which are required for normal browsing within the Site and to properly use the relevant services. They are not stored in the user’s computer and expire when the browser session is closed;
- functional cookies: which are solely used to improve and speed up the browsing of the Site, by remembering certain user’s choices (such as language preferences);
These types of cookies ensure the normal navigation and use of the Site, and allow to properly enjoy the contents published by Nctm or to log in to access reserved areas. Such cookies also allow to collect aggregate information on number of users and how they visit the Site, as well as information relating to the language selected during navigation.
With regard to these cookies, the Cookies Provision imposes an opt-out regime. The user has the right to be informed, by means of this information notice prepared by the Data Controller, and may as well decide to refuse his/her consent to the use of such instruments.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
When a user is navigating some cookies that are not directly controlled by the Data Controller may be stored on his/her device, for example when the user visits a page including contents of a third party website.
Said cookies, the so-called “third party cookies”, may be divided into:
- analytical cookies, used to collect and analyse statistical information on the number of users and on the visits to the Site. The disabling of such third party cookies does not affect the use of the Site;
- Widgets/Plugin: some widgets and plugin made available by social networks (such as, by way of example only and without limitation, LinkedIn button or the display of YouTube videos directly within the websites where the user is navigating) may use their own cookies to facilitate the interaction with the reference site. Their disabling does not affect the use of the Site, unless for the possibility of quick sharing of contents and/or of displaying multimedia contents present therein;
- profiling cookies: used to collect information concerning preferences and habits expressed by the user during the navigation and hence to make advertisements published by third parties more captivating and focused.
Google will use such information for the purpose to track and examine the use of the Site, to compile reports on the Site activities for Site managers and to provide other services relating to the activities of the Site and to Internet use.
In order to understand how Google cookies actually work, as well as to be able to refuse one’s consent to the use of such files, reference should be made to relevant information drawn up in such respect by Google, which can be found at the following link.
In line with the provisions of the legislation in force, when first accessing the Site (homepage or any other page thereof), Nctm will ask for the user’s consent to send the cookies indicated above as follows:
- clicking the “Accept” button or the “X” closing button in the banner that will be displayed;
- clicking on any other element of the Site web page, even using the scroll, outside said banner;
In all other cases and on any subsequent visit to the Site, the user may access this information (by clicking the “Cookies Policy” link at the bottom of the Site homepage) and refuse the consent to the installation of cookies in the ways described above.
We repeat that the user’s consent is only necessary for the installation of third party cookies.
The user has the right to amend at any time the settings of the browser used for the navigation on the Internet, choosing not to receive all cookies or only some types of cookies.
The following table contains the instructions provided by each producer of the most common browsers. If the browser used by the users is not included among those listed in the table, the user should visit the assistance pages of the producer in order to understand how to disable cookies.
The identification details of the Data Controller are indicated in the introductory part of this document.
The updated list of the Persons in charge of the processing specifically appointed is available at the offices of the Data Controller. Those who wish to be provided with the same may ask for the complete list to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
The user may, at any time and without formalities, exercise the rights under Section 7 of the Code, by sending notice thereof to the e-mail address email@example.com, or using the contact details mentioned above.