Marine, Transport & Logistic
The Marine, Transport and Logistics sector requires a high level of specialization and expertise in the field.
Transport and Logistic Law also requires an in-depth knowledge of European Union Law and of the numerous international conventions that Italy is part of.
Nctm has one of the most important Italian practices in this area.
The recognized multidisciplinary of Nctm provides our clients with a single center of assistance for the different fields involved in transport and trade activities.
With this in mind, professionals specialising in Marine, Transport and Logistics are actively assisted by various members of the firm who work closely with our team in matters concerning European Union Law, Environmental Law, Insurance, Tax and Finance.
This set of skills allows an innovative methodological approach to the field of Transport Law and has a particular value in a market mainly subject to European standards and the regulation of national and transnational institutions, such as the Italian Competition Authority and the Transport Regulation Authority or the European Commission.
Our lawyers assist some of the most important maritime, rail and air transport companies operating in Italy. Nctm is also the undisputed leader in the port logistics sector and assists the main terminal operators of Italian ports.
The main areas of activity of our offices in Italy, London, Brussels and Shanghai are:
- maritime transport of cargo and container;
- transport of passengers on cruise ships and ferries in cabotage and short sea shipping;
- procedures for the granting of concessions and state authorizations within the port sector;
- assistance on the management and development of port and inter-port activities, and integrated logistics services;
- assistance on the preparation and/or revision of shipping and deposit contracts;
- Competition Law in maritime transport services and management of port terminals, abuse of dominant position, tariff discrimination and State aid.