Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity
Nctm is recognised as one of the main players for M&A activities and in the Private Equity industry in Italy.
Nctm’s M&A lawyers have expertise advising industrial clients, investment funds and other financial institutions ranging from transactions involving private or listed companies, joint ventures or other types of business combinations for share and/or asset transfers and in management buyouts and in other types of leveraged transactions. Assistance can include using financial debt or using innovative solutions, including financial instruments and securitization programs.
As a full-service law firm, Nctm provides comprehensive support across the different practices and sectors. This team-centered approach enables Nctm to be a stronger player in Private Equity, particularly for industry fund formation, investment management for Long Term Investment Plans (LTIPs) and transactional activity, and for restructuring and distressed M&A (including deals implemented through out-of-Court or Court driven restructuring procedures) and in public M&A transactions (with or without subsequent de-listing).
The Firm focuses on such highly regulated sectors as insurance and asset management, pharma and TMT while providing first-class due diligence services in any of these sectors.
Nctm expertise includes all types of transactions including in the following areas:
- Acquisitions and sales of majority and minority stakes or other strategic assets in both private and listed companies
- Mergers, de-mergers and other corporate and group reorganisations business combinations
- Issuance of bonds and other financial instruments
- Equity based LTIPs
- Joint ventures and other strategic mergers and alliances through various business combinations
- Family and private assets succession plans
- Assistance to Private Equity and Venture Capital Funds also includes:
- Leveraged Buyouts (LBO’S), Management Buyouts (MBO’S), capital expansion and special situations
- Acquisition of distressed assets
- Start up, financing round and exit via royalty / equity deals on venture capital projects